Permanent exhibitions

Most of the halls of the Přerov chateau are used by the Comenius Museum for its long-term installed expositions, which cover almost 1,200 square meters. The use of the chateau building for museum expositions has a tradition dating back to 1906, when two rooms on the first floor were used by the Municipal Museum. In the years 1927-1931, an extensive reconstruction of the chateau building took place, the interiors of which were adapted for museum purposes by decision of the city council. The exhibitions were created in the period from the 1930s to the year 2000 and their condition and level correspond to contemporary scientific knowledge and installation approaches and also document the general development of Czech museology.